Amazon Prime has rolled out so many benefits it can be tough to keep up. That’s why we include a handy Prime Insider tip in the weekly Prime newsletter to help you get the most of your membership. For a new way to get benefit news, try listening to the weekly Amazon Prime Insider flash briefing Alexa Skill. Just ask, “Alexa, open Amazon Prime Insider” to enable on Alexa devices and apps. Once added, just ask “Alexa, what’s my news?” to hear the best of shopping and entertainment.
Here are 10 of my favorite tips.
1. Shop early-access and Prime-exclusive deals. As a Prime member, you have 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals. Browse upcoming deals up to 24 hours in advance and click “Watch this deal” to receive alerts in the Amazon Shopping app.
Want more? Find deals and products just for Prime members here, plus exclusive offers from Subscribe & Save, Amazon Restaurants, Prime Music and more
2. Set up Prime Music. Prime Music gives you access to more than 2 million songs and thousands of curated playlists for every mood. Keep all of Prime Music at your fingertips by installing the free Amazon Music app on your smartphone or tablet. Before you hit the highway or board a plane, download playlists or albums to your library for offline playback.
3. Support your favorite charity. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate a percentage of the price of all eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice — at no additional cost to you. Learn more
4. Stock up with Prime Pantry. As a Prime member, you can save time and money with Prime Pantry, which offers low-priced grocery and household essentials — in everyday, not bulk, sizes. It’s easy to reorder the items you use most. Shop Prime Pantry and explore Prime-exclusive coupons.
5. Watch Prime Video on your TV. Prime Video works with hundreds of HDTVs, Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, gaming consoles, Roku, tablets, smartphones and the newly upgraded Amazon Fire TV Family. Learn how to set up your device
6. Bring Prime Video with you. Download movies and TV shows, including Prime Originals and Exclusives, so you can watch and listen wherever you go — even when you’re offline. Download the Prime Video app to get started.
7. Set up your Amazon Household. It’s easy and free to share your Prime benefits with the whole family. You can add another adult to your Household and up to four teen and four child profiles. First, create your Household. Then, both adults in your household get access to free Prime delivery, thousands of TV shows and movies on Prime Video, more than 1,000 books and magazines in Prime Reading and more. Children can access digital content their parents have approved on their device but are not enabled to shop. Teens, however, can shop and get orders approved by their parents, as well as access certain Prime benefits.
8. Read for free. Download the free Kindle app to enjoy hundreds of new books, travel guides, magazines, graphic novels and more each month — free with Prime Reading. In the words of one Prime member, “I love this app! No matter what device I am on, my MacBook, my iPad, my iPhone or my Kindle itself, I am always able to access the books that I love to read.”
9. Try before you buy with Prime Wardrobe. Refreshing your closet is easier than ever. With Prime Wardrobe, you can choose up to eight items of clothing, shoes or accessories — including great styles from top brands for women, men, kids and baby. Once your box arrives, you get seven days to try everything on in the privacy of your own home. Then simply return the pieces you don’t love and only pay for what you keep.